Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Behavior Chart

Lately The kids and I have been working on our Behavior. The house can sometimes become so hectic that we don't realize when we are not being Kind, Thoughtful, or Cooperative. So I put together a chart used to show the kids visually how their behavior has been for the day. I started with your basic red, yellow, green light. but I added Blue to the bottom. Every day the kids start on Green and if they are bad they move from green to yellow, yellow is a warning or maybe several warnings and now results in a time out. Red would mean that even after a time out they are still misbehaving, that could be privladges taken away, no TV or games. But Its not all about the bad. The kids can go above and beyond being just good and can try to be great and that can mean they go to blue. Blue means they were super kids and get a treat of some sort and that will all depend on the day but it could be candy or a special trip out with mom or dad or even just stickers if that is what the kids like.

The chart was made using, colored craft sticks as the markers for each kid, A hanging file folder covered in material, I put the folder on the floor opened up and covered it with material. holding it tight I cut a small hole in the material where the metal from the folder was (all 4 corners) so that I could put the folder rods through the holes and wrap the material around to the other side. I then hot glued the material to the back side of the folder.  Because of this I could then tie a string to the rod at the top so it would hang easy, and the bottom rod helps weigh the chart down and you could hang stuff from the bottom if you wanted. The Lights are all just felt circles hot glued on. I tried to to make the pockets a bit sturdier since i figured the stick would be moved around often, So I attached them to an index card with a zig-zag stich (I just used my sewing machine) and then glued the card to the file.

No comments:

Post a Comment